Do you think that camping means you can’t eat delicious, healthy food? Trust me, you can! And it’s easy, too. We whipped up a frittata in no time, for a hot and filling breakfast.
How delicious does that look?! Frittatas are basically baked eggs with tons of yummy ingredients. I’ll tell you what we used, but be creative and try out different combinations. Here’s a Mexican Frittata!
What you’ll need:
- A campfire or grill
- A camping pan (8 to 12 inches wide)
- 2 to 3 eggs per person
- Butter or olive oil
- Fillings (we used asparagus, mixed mushrooms and blue cheese)
- Seasonings (we used sea salt, but you can add herbs, too)
What to do:
- If using a campfire without a grate, level one side of the fire to set the pan on the wood/coals.
- Put a few tablespoons of butter or olive oil in the pan and add anything that needs to be cooked or sauteed (such as asparagus, mushrooms, onions, meat, other veggies, etc.) and cook until done.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the salt and seasonings, then poor the mixture over the fillings, adding any other ingredients (such as cheese)
- Give it all a quick stir to evenly distribute everything, then just let it cook.
- Once the center is set, remove the frittata from the heat and cut into wedges to serve.