This is a recipe I made up several weeks ago when I had leftover roasted chicken and cooked rice. I wanted something creamy and comforting, but I didn’t have a lot of ingredients to work with. Turns out that this recipe was a huge hit and I’m making it again, tonight! This time I’ll be using ground beef, rather than chicken.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) shredded chicken or ground beef, cooked
- 4 to 5 cups cooked rice
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups salsa (homemade or organic store-bought)
- 1 cup shredded or cubed cheese (anything from sharp cheddar to fresh mozzarella to goat cheese- you can even use a mixture!)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What To Do:
- Stir together all ingredients, except for half of the cheese.
- Smooth all ingredients into a 9×13 baking dish and top with the other 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Broil, if desired.