- Make a bread dough of your choice (here’s what I used) and let it rise.
- Punch down the dough and then roll it out into a rectangle. The short end should be small enough to fit in the bread pan.
- Brush melted butter onto the dough.
- Sprinkle a cinnamon and sugar mix evenly on the dough (I used about 1/8 cup sugar to 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon).
- Sprinkle raisins, if desired, evenly. Just use as many as looks good to you.
- Roll up the dough tightly, started from the short end (so it will fit in the bread pan!).
- Pinch the ends together and place the loaf gently in the pan and let rise until double, then bake according to the directions for your dough.
That’s it! When you cut into the loaf, you will see the classic swirl. The longer your rectangle is, the tighter the swirl will be. This is all about your personal taste, so adjust the amounts to be whatever you like. Once the bread has cooled, try toasting a slice and smearing some butter on it! Yum!!