This recipe is so easy and delicious! Take advantage of the freshly picked apples by making a batch of this!
What You’ll Need
- Crock pot
- 8 to 12 apples
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Knife and peeler
What To Do
- Put 1 cup of water and the juice of half a lemon in the crock pot.
- One at a time, peel* , core and slice each apple. Toss each one in the water with juice to reduce browning.
- Cover and cook on high, stirring every hour until it looks done.
That’s it! You can either leave it “chunky” or you can puree it with an immersion blender, food processor or regular blender.
*You can leave the peel on for extra nutrition and color!!
Check out some of my other popular food tutorials:
- Homemade (all-natural!) Mocha
- How to Make Sour Cream
- How to Make Butter
- Make Yogurt in a Cooler
- Dressing for a Fruit Salad
- Homestead Revival Barn Hop
- The Healthy Home Economist: Monday Mania
- Natural Living Mama: Natural Living Monday
- Young Living Oil Lady: Kids in the Kitchen
- Like a Mustard Seed: Living Green Tuesday
- Nature’s Nurture: Tiny Tip Tuesday
- Mercy INK: Heart+Home
- Simply Better: Tuesday Tips
- Frugally Sustainable: Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways
- Women Living Well
- Whole Lifestyle Nutrition: Whole Foods Wednesday
- Authentic Simplicity: Healthy2Day Wednesday
- Little Natural Cottage: Natural Living Link-up
- Feminine Adventures: Thrifty Thursday
- Our Simple Country Life: Hearts4Home
- A Delightful Home: Your Green Resource
- Homemaker’s Challenge: DIY Accomplished
- Rediscovering Domesticity: Thrive@Home
- Passionate and Creative Homemaking: Beautiful Thursdays
- Food Renegade: Fight Back Friday
- Womanhood With Purpose
- Life as Mom: Frugal Friday
- We Are That Family: Works For Me Wednesday
- Slightly Steady: Nomday Monday Real Food Recipes