I decided to do something non-baby related this week, much to my three-year-old’s approval!
In an effort to declutter the kitchen, I made Pumpkin her very own magnetic board for her room. She can put up pictures, paintings, drawings… whatever she wants. I will be able to remove all of the papers from the front of the fridge, which I’ve been wanting to do for quite a while! So, here we go!
- a magnetic board (ours is about 1 1/2 feet squared)
- enough thin material to cover the front of the board (make sure you have a few extra inches all the way around!)
- a hot glue gun
- a couple yards of ribbon (about the thickness of the edge of the magnetic board- ours was 5/8 inches)
- one or two pretty hooks to hang the board from
- Lay the material right-side-down and center the magnetic board on it, also right-side-down.
- Using the hot glue gun, very gently stretch and glue down each corner.
- Glue down each side and trim any excess material
- Cut the ribbon to fit all the way around the board, plus as much as you want for hanging over the hooks
- Starting at the bottom center, glue the ribbon around the bottom and one side.
- Starting at the bottom, again, match the other end of the ribbon to the starting end and glue around the bottom and up the other side.
- Add a bow to the center of the loose ribbon at the top, if desired, and hang the board from the hook(s)