This is my new favorite tea to make when we’re feeling under the weather, so consider it my latest addition to my list of herbal teas for colds! It’s sweet and tart and, best of all, anti-viral. It is perfect for a sore throat or a phlegmy cough.
What You’ll Need
- Lemon Balm: This is a gentle and delicious herb that has the added benefit of being anti-viral. (Learn more about lemon balm in this post.)
- Lemons: Not only do they give a little vitamin C boost, they are also good for thinning down excess mucus.
- Raw Honey: Anti-viral, antibacterial and just plain yummy!
What To Do
- Bring water to a boil and pour it over the lemon balm. If you’re using tea bags, use one bag per person. If you’re using loose-leaf tea, use one heaping tablespoon per person.
- Let the tea steep, covered, for at least 5 minutes.
- In each person’s cup, squeeze the juice of half of a lemon and add one to two tablespoons raw honey.
- Pour the tea into each cup, stir and serve.
Even our four-year-old loves this tea, so it’s a good way to fight a cold in little ones!