If you’ve already read my post on how to make homemade sour cream, you’ll be happy to know that I’m finally going to share some of our favorite ways to use it! The options are limited only by the limits of your creativity, but here are three absolutely fabulous sour cream-based dips to get you started!
Yes, they are just as scrumptious as they look- and they’re healthy, to boot!! From left to right, we have:
- Sour Cream Salsa Dip: This is perfect for chips, obviously. Don’t feel like you need to stick with plain ol’ salsa, though! This one is made with a smokey cranberry chipotle salsa and, oh my, it was goooood! We like a mix of equal parts sour cream and salsa stirred together, but feel free to alter that to your own taste.
- Avocado Dip: This is so amazingly healthy and creamy! Lightly mash a ripe avocado with the back of a fork and then stir in sour cream- about 1 part sour cream to 2 parts avocado is a good consistency. Add 2 or 3 pinches of Celtic sea salt and enjoy! You can leave the avocado pit in the bottom of the bowl or add a splash of lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. You can also dip veggies in this one, which will help you to absorb all of those fat-soluble vitamins.
- Curried Sour Cream Dip: This was surprisingly addictive! Don’t use the cheapo curry powder, though, or it will be bitter. Buy some good quality curry powder and stir in 2 to 3 teaspoons per cup of sour cream. Add several pinches of Celtic sea salt and then taste and adjust flavoring to your preference. Along with chips and veggies, this would be a delicious dip for grilled chicken or shrimp.
This literally took well under ten minutes for all of these dips, so it’s perfect for a impromptu party! Read here to learn why to culture dairy in the first place. Enjoy!
- Food Renegade: Fight Back Friday
- The Healthy Home Economist: Monday Mania
- Natural Living Mama: Natural Living Monday
- Growing Home: Teach Me Tuesday
- Far Above Rubies: Domestically Divine Tuesday
- Nature’s Nurture: Tip Tip Tuesday
- Time-Warp Wife: Titus 2sday
- Slowly Natural: Mama Monday
- Cornerstone Confessions: Titus 2 Tuesday
- Frugally Sustainable: Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways
- Sweet Kisses and Dirty Dishes: Healthy2day Wednesday
- Feminine Adventures: Thrifty Thursday
- A Delightful Home: Your Green Resource