This is my first major holiday as a blogger, and here I sit, the night before, with no idea what I want to say. Honestly, I had expected to be taking care of a brand new baby by now. I have so many things I’m thankful for, but isn’t it easy to get caught-up in the hectic daily lives we all have and forget to “give thanks in all things”? So, I’m going to take this time to just slow down and remember some of the ways God has blessed me and my family recently.
I am so thankful…
- for my precious family. My husband and daughter and this new little baby (coming soon).
- that we got whooping cough BEFORE the baby was born and that she will have antibodies to protect her from it.
- that my parents live near us and have been such a huge help while my hubby was so sick.
- for dear friends that I can count on to pray for us.
- for my husband’s job that provides enough money that I can be home with our children.
- to have a midwife to come to our home for the birth of this baby.
- for a warm, safe home for our family.
- for all that I have learned this past year about “real” foods.
- to have access to so many healing herbs and the money to afford them.
- for our (usually!) very good health.
- to have found so many like-minded bloggers (especially the Modern Alternative Mama ones!).
- that my adorable three-year-old who is singing to me right now while she dusts the entertainment center for fun!
There are so many more things, but it’s bedtime for the Pumpkin… although I hate to cut her dusting short!!! 🙂
What are you thankful for?