If you want a beautiful, flavorful Real Foods recipe to bring to a party, this is it! Marinaded Goat Cheese can be spread on bread, crackers or veggies. If you have any leftover, the goat cheese rounds are delicious stirred into mashed potatoes.
Also, be sure to check out the links below to see more Real Foods Party Dishes posted by my fellow Modern Alternative Mama bloggers for the
- one 6-ounce goat cheese “log”
- one sprig each fresh rosemary, thyme and marjoram
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns (lightly crushed with the back of a spoon)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- olive oil (good quality!)
- Finely chop the herbs and mix them in a shallow dish with the peppercorns
- Cut the goat cheese into one-inch rounds
- Roll each goat cheese round (like a wheel) in the herb and pepper mixture and set it in a jar or other container (you may layer them, like in the photo)
- Add the garlic, bay leaves and coriander seeds (I forgot to buy bay leaves and only had ground coriander… oops! It will still be delicious!)
- Fill the container with olive oil until it covers the top of the cheese by about 1/4 inch
- Put on the lid and allow to marinade in the fridge for at least two days and up to two weeks
- To serve, gently remove from the container and place on a plate for guests to use as a cheese spread. The flavorful oil can be used as a dipping oil for bread.
The longer you marinade this, the better it is, so plan ahead!! And, while you’re planning, check out these recipes!!!