My poor hubby has suffered from horrible canker sores. It makes me cringe just to think about them. Well, it did- until I learned how to help him with natural remedies!
When a person gets canker sores, it means they are really run down. They need some rest and nourishment. For ideas, check out this post. It’s specifically about colds, but the same things apply to this.
This is the ultimate way to stop a canker sore before it really gets going! At the first sign of the canker sore starting, use a cotton swab to gently dab on some dry bentonite clay. Do it as often as you want, but always at night and at least once more during the day.
We have discovered that if my hubby applies it the first night he feels a canker sore starting and again the next morning, it will heal within a day or two. If he doesn’t, it lasts for one to two weeks and gets really bad. The herbal remedies help it to heal faster and to sooth his mouth, but the bentonite clay keeps it from being an issue in the first place!
We have noticed that if he waits until the day after the canker sore starts, the bentonite clay doesn’t help even half as much, so get it on there ASAP. 🙂
Linked up at:
- Intoxicated on Life: Wellness Wednesday
- Authentic Simplicity: Healthy2Day Wednesday
- We Are That Family: WFMW
- Woodwife’s Journal: Wildcrafting Wednesday
- Wise Woman Builds Her Home
- Holistic Squid: Party Wave Wednesday
- Raising Homemakers: Homemaking Link-up
- Frugally Sustainable: Frugal Days Sustainable Ways
- My Healthy Green Family: Farm Hop