This salmon salad is amazingly nutrient-dense and it’s delicious! We like to add fresh dill, but feel free to add other herbs, too. This recipe serves four.
What You’ll Need
- Wild-caught Alaskan salmon: I use either a 14 1/2 ounce can or a few cooked and chilled fillets
- 2-4 tablespoons sour cream (make your own!) or yogurt (make your own!)
- 4 cups of mixed lettuces
- 2 avocados
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill
- Celtic sea salt, to taste (don’t worry, salt is healthy!)
What To Do
- In a small bowl, stir together the salmon, sour cream and salt.
- In a bowl for each person, layer 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 of the salmon mixture, 1/2 of a diced avocado and 1 tablespoon of chopped dill.
If you would like to use freshly cooked salmon fillets, it makes a beautiful presentation. Just leave the fillets whole and add a dollop of sour cream, then sprinkle with salt, chopped dill and avocado. The salmon can be warm, room temperature or chilled.