This is a fun and mess-free way to teach color blending to children! Both my girls had a wonderful time playing, and my eldest learned about how mixing two different colors creates a third color.
What You’ll Need:
- One-gallon zip-top bags
- Acrylic paint (use primary colors, the first time)
- White paper
What To Do:
- Carefully squirt several tablespoons of each color of paint in different parts of the bag.
- Leaving as little air as possible in the bag, zip the bag and tape it to the table with a piece of white paper underneath.
- Explain how mixing two different colors will create a third color.
- Have your child choose two colors and ask what color they think will be made when they are mixed, then have them mix the colors.
- After all the color combinations have been made, the paint bag can be used for “drawing” shapes and practicing letters.