If you were raised in a house where veggies were cooked until they were nothing but mush, don’t give up on me, yet! 😉 This simple recipe is buttery, al dente and delicious. The best part is that it is amazingly quick and easy! No need for a steaming basket or any other special equipment.
What You’ll Need
- medium saucepan with a lid
- fresh or frozen broccoli
- butter (preferably from grass-fed cows)
- Celtic sea salt (read about why salt is healthy!!)
What To Do
- If using fresh broccoli, cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Put about 2 tablespoons of butter in the saucepan and add 2 heaping cups of broccoli (increase the butter if using more broccoli).
- Put on the lid and heat on medium heat until butter is melted, then stir and put the lid back on.
- After a couple of minutes, stir again and use a fork to check the firmness of the broccoli. We’re aiming for al dente, not mushy, so keep a close eye on it!
- Once the broccoli reaches the desired doneness, add sea salt to taste and serve immediately.
- Add finely chopped or minced garlic to the butter.
- Grate a hard cheese (asiago, parmesan, etc.) over the broccoli just before serving.
- Add herbs and/or spices that go with the rest of the meal.
- Stir in a spoonful of cream cheese.
- Whole Lifestyle Nutrition: Whole Foods Wednesday
- The Self Sufficient Home Acre: Wildcrafting Wednesday
- A Wise Woman Builds Her Home: Wise Woman Link-up
- Raising Homemakers: Homemaking Link-up
- Frugally Sustainable: Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways
- A Delightful Home: Your Green Resource
- Our Simple Country Life: Hearts4Home
- Live Called: Thrive@Home
- Little Natural Cottage: Natural Living Link-up
- Feminine Adventures: Thrifty Thursday
- Real Food, Real Frugal
- Food Renegade: Fight Back Friday
- Nourishing Simplicity: Simple Meals Friday
- The Better Mom
- Cornerstone Confessions: Titus 2 Tuesday
- Growing Home: Teach Me Tuesday
- Mercy Ink: Heart+Home
- Far Above Rubies: Domestically Divine Tuesday